COMOtion Sports Takes # 10

COMOtion Sports Takes  # 10
The Team Organization Paid Off With An Easy Cruise To The Finish Line

Sunday, September 26, 2010

Cyclocross Season ...Non-Opener

Finally motivated at the end of the 2010 Cross Country season, I was psyched to start a new adventure and enter my first Cyclocross (CX) race in Longmont Saturday.  American Cycling Association racing license # 4897 arrived in the mail Thursday.   I had quipped on Facebook that although my good leg had a sprained ankle and my right shoulder separation still needs steroids, I was thinking about doing it anyway.

I didn't.  I chickened out deciding the race course might not be the best place to jump my first CX hurdle. Out of the house around 10:00am headed to Longmont, we wound up in Boulder eating lunch at Turley's and cruising the Boulder Creek Trail walking the weiners and enjoying another beautiful day outside in Colorado.  Farmer's market was on. Fully ready Yeti ARC CX gets a free ride in the truck bed.

Weekend was not lost though.  A trip to Home Depot and I now have my own private barrier practice field hidden behind the privacy fence of the back yard.  First aid kit close by and cell phone staged to dial 911.
Even though I've done 5' DH drops and climbed 30" waterbars.... these things freak me out!!!!! A work in progress. 
Promise, Interlocken race on October 9th ( http://www.boulderracing.com/cross.asp) start will include the Sarge in the SM55+ Cat 3 class.   Just not sure about the finish.


4 comments:

Megan said...

I'm jealous of your barrier artwork!!

Fred said...

Tee Hee ... "moma said my bike would take me anywhere"

Looking forward to the match report and your first podium at pedal / run / jump / repeat. Or, will you be a barrier hopper ?

Dave Strouse said...

First official COMotion CX practice today. Wonder why they are held at the Denver Children's Museum?

Fred said...

Good luck this weekend mate ...