COMOtion Sports Takes # 10

COMOtion Sports Takes  # 10
The Team Organization Paid Off With An Easy Cruise To The Finish Line

Monday, June 16, 2008

Top 12 Reasons-Way More Than You Wanted To Know

Holly crap!! Moving to the expert class for the 2008 Winter Park Series, I did not expect to be doing the grip-and-grin podium photos with my little gold, silver or copper medallion.
But what I got Saturday was an old fashion "spanking" from the 50+ coot clan.

It's not my fault so I thought I'd list the top 12 reasons I placed 12th out of 12 racers.

#12-I'm still waiting on my ASRc uphill racer

#11- I didn't train at 11,000 ft. elevation enough (at all)

#10-They don't like cocky racers who have their names on their bikes.

#9-I thought since I'm on COMotion's 5X winning team I didn't have to really train

#8-Teresa left the lid off the margarita server Friday night










#7-Gas prices are too high to take Silverado and required 200 pounds of tools and extra bike parts










#6-I fell down Wednesday and went boom on the CX bike. Bruised my elbow. It kept making me veer left then I over-corrected. Actually logged 8.3 miles on the 5 mile course





#5-Tim Watkins threw sand my face at the start line






#4- I fell down Wednesday and went boom on the CX bike. Created bacon strips down my left leg and knee would not bend








#3- Train coming out of the Moffat Tunnel made too much noise to hear the start announcement and I started late







#2-Vicodin reacted with Starbucks caffeine and caused brain and muscle cramps.

#1- I fell down Wednesday and went boom on the CX bike. Boy was my hip slow and butt sore! Now, better start a new list for the next race.

2 comments:

Sandblogger said...

c'mon dave...was that last pic absolutely necessary? I'm going to be ill for remainder of the AM....

Megan said...

Ewwww!!! Strouse put some clothes on!!