COMOtion Sports Takes # 10

COMOtion Sports Takes  # 10
The Team Organization Paid Off With An Easy Cruise To The Finish Line

Monday, June 23, 2008

ASRc Comes in Small Package

Friday I stop in to see the Bubster at Yeti and pick up my new Optic Nerve team glasses. After a couple of minutes of "cardboard alley" games, we stroll back through the racks of Yeti frames and stop at a single team turquoise ASRc hanging like a diamond necklace. "Any word on when my medium will be in? Nope.

I had previously solicited the team's bike fit guru Todd Carver to review my dimensions from the ARCx and Road Project data and make a size recommendation for the new '08 carbon racer. NO doubt , you need a medium. According to the Yeti height stats I was right at the top of the small and bottom of the medium chart.

Like an 8 year old on Christmas eve, I really was tired of waiting and made a quick call and plead to Todd to help me make the small frame fit. He agreed and Bubba started writing. Quick trip to the LBS for a 120mm stem and I was ready to get started.
Leaving an extra measure of cables, hoses and steerer length, I christened the beast Tuesday at Mt. Falcon complete with a waterbar dismount. The bike felt good going up and great coming down.
The next day Todd fine tuned the seatmast length by discarding the 10mm spacer, flipped the stem over, shuffled some fork tube spacers and rotated the bars and controls. A huge improvement in comfort, weight distribution and getting the legs squarely over the pedals.
I always have fun building a bike and try to capture the delightful task with a few funky photos. take a look at: http://www.kodakgallery.com/ShareLanding.action?c=8njcnx5.17nzziwh&x=0&y=-qkh1i5&localeid=en_US
Remove excuse #12 from the list.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Gitty-Up!

CT said...

Congrats on your new baby!