COMOtion Sports Takes # 10

COMOtion Sports Takes  # 10
The Team Organization Paid Off With An Easy Cruise To The Finish Line

Saturday, April 4, 2009

POP GOES THE WIESEL!!!

OK, Larry Green blew the big storm prediction again but I still had enough faith to plan a bachelor's weekend of basement bike work, Internet cruising, Turbo-tax, and wiener dog play. Factory screw just freaked me out.
For no good reason, my metallurgical and engineering education and background kicked in and I decided to do a major re-vamp of a Vaison Elite bike travel bike box I just purchase at The Pro's Closet http://www.theproscloset.com/Shop/Control/fp/SFV/32625 in Boulder. The guys there get first dibs on several of the world's fastest team's left over cycling equipment and clothing.
My bitch was that all the hardware (bolts) pointed inward and posed threats to the content. Some had become loose and generally did not meet my quality standards. Other than that, the case was perfect. Drill and pop rivet was the prescription.
The box is for an August trip planned with COMo Bro. Chris Taylor to Wales to attend the UK Yeti Tribe Meeting. More on that later.

Now I feel better. Domed aluminum rivet heads greet my carbon parts instead of a stupid loose, false cap over a menacing M2.5 bolt steel shank.
So that my bike case doesn't get mixed up with the dozens of other elephant sized bike bags, I've cleverly attached COMOtion and Yeti stickers so I can pick them out on the 87 RPM baggage claim carousel.

Ipod updated. Better go to the fitness club Sunday to burn off beer and pasta ingested from the boring day inside.
Posted by Picasa

No comments: