COMOtion Sports Takes # 10

COMOtion Sports Takes  # 10
The Team Organization Paid Off With An Easy Cruise To The Finish Line

Wednesday, July 18, 2007

Blowing Up In Snowmass


Call it mid-season blah...too little sleep....under-training/over-training...or a million other excuses but I sucked at the 4th installment of the series. Even by old man standards.

Middle ringing the starting hill worked good in warm up. Once the group slivered out, bumping competitor's wheels, shifting a major wedgie and bouncing on a locked out Pro-pedal made for an ugly start. Hello Granny!!!




I picked off a couple of riders at the top and was surprised(mild, mild sympathy) to see the #3 series racer pushing his wounded Ellsworth. Maybe I can salvage this thing after all.

NOT. On the final long climb the lungs, legs and brain all conspired to finish me off for good. Both locals see sawed past me with relative ease and were out of sight by the time I made it back to doubletrack daylight and the descending road.

Approaching the finish line's final climb, COMotion teammate's cheers were greatly appreciated. Mostly generated from sympathy I'm sure. At that point, my tongue was battering my handlebars and my eyeballs were pressed firmly against the inside of my Optic Nerve sunglasses.





At this time, the times and placments are still being debated by the MSC folks. I may still barely have the series lead despite Ed's win.

There was at least a couple of DNFs and Lou's eventual hiking finish erased the point gap I visualized as I passed him.

UNOFFICIAL RESULTS
Sport Men 50+
Overall Overall
Place Name Time
1 Ford,Ed 1:28:29
2 Dodge,Richard 1:36:24
3 Brokamp,James 1:38:49
4 Strouse,David 1:39:30
5 Supino,Lou 1:49:18


Think I'll do some sprints before Telluride.

No comments: